Sunday, April 24, 2011

Foodie Review: Balthazard

To celebrate my Birthday, I was lucky to book a table at THE French Bistro in SoHo: Balthazar!
Being French, I am usually skeptical with restaurant which claim to be "Authentic French", but I must say, Balthazar made me feel like I was back in my home country! This Parisian-like bistro is outstanding!!! Decor is on point, Atmosphere is as noisy as a typical French bistro, and Food is just delectable!!! Now I do understand why people make reservation weeks in advance, or wait in line for a table at Midnight! Did I mention they serve breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner, and late night dinner!!! That's just GREAT! Oh and make sure to grab one of their baguette; if you are lucky, they might have one left for you :)




Enjoying the Duck Confit!


BOYFRIEND:


- Frisee aux Lardons: right amount of everything, including the light vinaigrette
-Grilled Branzini: finally a place that knows how to cook fish!
-Profiterole: Chocolate overload


ME:


-Seafood Ceviche: done just right; not too "cooked", not too raw!
-Duck Confit: Pure goodness!!!
-Pavlova: Meringue filled with warm berries...enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is on your mind?